Computer viruses are spread mostly when downloading online applications such as music, files, games and videos. As exciting as the download can be, it can also disturb the system’s entire functionality.
Some computer viruses are explained by the following:
- The Trojan Horse virus is a very treacherous form of virus which would convert desired functions into undesired functions.
- Worms is a program which would affect the vulnerability of the system by a single click.
- Bootsector Virus is a virus which spreads while booting the system affecting other systems through floppy disks.
- Macro Virus spreads through applications and eventually destroys equivalent documents.
- Memory Resident Viruses are viruses which reside in the RAM and are one of the most problematic to destroy.
- Rootkit Virus allows hackers gain control over the system, damaging all components and files which were currently running on the system.
- Polymorphic Viruses reproduces itself into multiples and amends the digital signature.
- Logic Bombs/Time Bombs are triggered only when an event is generated.
Needless to say, these viruses cause unnecessary damage and can be agonizing when dealing with unnecessary pop-ups, corrupt files, invasion of data and ultimately slowness.
On a more positive note, there is a remedy. Today, with an increasing awareness and wide availability of virus protection programs, Internet users are installing advanced antivirus versions in order to keep their systems secure. Here are some steps to get rid of viruses.
Today, however, not only is virus removal software extensively available in the market but Remote Computer Support is a service that a fair number of users are turning to for expert guidance on how to remove viruses and keeping computers safe.
Remote computer support is provided online and offline. Most users, however, prefer online assistance rather than offline – to allow experts take control of the PC remotely dealing with the situation effectively and assertively.